Saturday, November 28, 2009

SSG

Who can tell that I am a member of the Supreme Student Government in our school? No one… First, I really don’t know if there’s such thing as “member of SSG”. But whenever they are having their meeting, they include us and called us “member” so that’s what we consider ourselves. Another thing, even I, myself, can’t and don’t consider me as a member of SSG since for me I can say that I haven’t done anything important. I also don’t know if I can say that I participated in some of the projects of SSG because for me I only did a little help. As in so little that I can’t recognize it. But you know what? It was not all my fault. There were times that they didn’t inform us properly. They will just tell it to others and we’ll just know about it when it was done. So what happens is that I wasn’t able to participate in their activity.

Then one day, it was unexpected that they informed us that we, members, can join in a leadership training to be held on the next day after they informed us. It was three-day training, from November 25-27. It was unexpected because at first, we know that only SSG officers can join and on the day before the start of the seminar, they allowed us to join. I was excited when I knew that I can join but I still took a long time before I decided to join. My first reason for not joining was because there will also be other activities after that seminar. We’ll be having Math Festival on 27 and Youth Camp after the festival until on the next day. It may be too tiring for me if I will attend all. But since I also thought that maybe this was the opportunity for me to participate and be active in SSG, I said “yes” and joined in the training.

It was held in Bucal National High School, Maragondon. Kuya Al Ian Barcelona went in that leadership training and his presence made me really excited. The first time I met him was when I attended the YES Camp in Baguio. He is really a good speaker. I was not disappointed because I learned many new things from the seminar. I met new friends and also my old friends. I also had a chance to know the other officers and members of SSG in our school better. It was a really nice and unforgettable experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment