Saturday, June 27, 2009

Creating Changes

How hard is it to change the wrong attitude of a person? Maybe, it is not really hard. Just show him always the right thing to do until he'll do it too. I can say that since I did that already and I felt so much happiness when I became successful.
It started with my so much care for the environment. I grew up knowing my responsibilities in taking care of our environment. I may not know everything about it but I know I should save and protect it. I do not throw my garbage anywhere but just in a trash can. That 's why I hate seeing other people that do not throw their garbage properly. Before, I just keep that to myself. I thought that my concern will just be enough to save our environment. But as years passed, I learned that we should help each other. No one can save the environment by just himself or herself. We should be all in this together to be successful. I should spread my ideas to others. Do you know the movie "Pay it Forward"? A person did something nice to others, and then each one of them will also do something nice to another group of people. Like that, if I will be able to teach someone to love, save and protect our environment, they may do the same things to others next time. One example of my success to that was my classmate. Now, she's helping me to inform others to take care of our environment. My latest success was with my brother. The last time I saw him threw his garbage not properly, he said sorry and I hope that it will continue to a change.
I just hope that I can do more in the future. Now, I will just work hard to create more changes for our environment. But still, there is always a question in my mind. How about changing myself? It is hard but which will I do first. Some say that I should change myself first before changing others because how can I create change to them if I can't even change myself. But is it not being selfish if I will think of myself first than think for the future of others?

1 comment: