Saturday, July 11, 2009

Best Friend and Responsibility

How many friends do you have? How about the best friends you have?

For me, everyone can be my friend. They will just differ on how well I know them and how often we spend most of our times with each other. My closeness to my friends may vary depending on the different situations like if we are neighbors, classmates, schoolmates or how frequent we see each other and do common things. Some may be my close friends but not all my close friends are my best friends.

Since I am not very sociable I only have few friends. At my age of 14 years old, I can say that I only have one “official” best friend. You may be thinking how it happened. Before, I have two playmates who are also my neighbors. We looked like best friends when we were together but we never called each other like that and it was never clear to us since we never talked about it. We just enjoyed each others company. Most of my relationships were just friends and close friends and only one can be my best friend.

As I define best friend, he or she should be my one and only greatest friend. I also consider having a best friend as having a responsibility. Whatever happens, I should always be there for my best friend. That is my other reason for being contented of having people around me just as my friend because I don’t want them to expect something from me and the same thing from them.

How about you? What do you think is the relationship between best friend and responsibility?

No comments:

Post a Comment