Sunday, January 24, 2010

Medical Mission

Do you know Naic Doctors Hospital? It is located in Naic but I don’t know what exactly its address is however, I know where it is and I can go there alone. I mentioned about it because we, Interact members, were invited to join their medical mission since they were celebrating their 10th anniversary. We immediately accepted their invitation.

The medical mission was held on the 24th of January, Sunday. Thinking that we had classes from Monday to Saturday and now there’s still an activity on Sunday, I had a hard time to decide if I will really join. But at last, I still joined. My reason was because I know that I can help others in a little way with that medical mission. I also know that I will enjoy and I will have fun there.

When we arrived in the hospital, there were only few patients at first but after an hour or less, we started doing the tasks assigned to us. I was assigned with a doctor for internal medicine. The doctor read the ECG result and asks many other questions. I had fun working with him even if he didn’t really talk to me. He just talked to me to ask for the next patient but as I can see, he is a kind doctor.

After some time, they gave us snack. At first, I don’t want to eat but then I got hungry. I didn’t notice the time when I ate the snack given to us. Then lunch time came, I was not hungry anymore but I tried to eat. I only ate the vegetables and some of the rice. The medical mission ended at lunch so we just waited for some time then we went home. I am hoping that I can attend another medical mission like this. Thanks to NDH!

No comments:

Post a Comment